Thursday, August 4, 2011

Brandywine Park

My place is the Brandywine Park in Wilmington. When I lived in Wilmington, I lived in a row home right in the middle of the city. Throughout the two years I lived there, I spent at least three days a week in the park. It was about a twenty minute walk from my neighborhood. It felt like a whole different world in that park. The Brandywine River flowed through it, it was densely populated with all kinds of trees, and there were hiking trails throughout. It was a definite refuge for me while I lived in a city so far away from all of the comforts of home. I loved watching the seasons change through the park. I often connect memories, feelings, and experiences to what the park looked like at certain times - the changing leaves of autumn, the barren chill of winter, the first signs of life and renewal in spring, and the sweaty, humid, heat of summer. I hope I can get back there sooner rather than later.

1 comment:

  1. Linda, how important it is to be able to find a refuge within the busy city! Your comments about the seasons makes me miss Home too...(the Home that is my childhood).

    ReplyDelete