Wednesday, August 3, 2011

grounded in two places

I feel grounded in two places. My home and my mom's house. This house is the first house that my husband and I bought almost eight years ago, just before we had Jordan. We have raised our boys here, done some remodeling, and generally just made it our home. It's not the fanciest place, but it is our place. This is also the longest I have ever lived in one place in my life. I moved a lot when I was a kid, sometimes almost every year, so I feel rooted here.
I also say my mom's house (which is close by) because I go there almost every weekend. My mom and I are both only children and we are deeply connected to each other. Often in very unspoken ways as we're both fairly private, but connected none the less. Mom was always the constant in my life.

2 comments:

  1. It is so nice that you have your mom nearby. We always drove to my grandparents. It would have been great to have them around the corner. Building lots of memories is what life is about and having a "home", not a house, with your family is wonderful. The old cliche "Home is where the Heart is", seems to apply here. I really appreciate that you are in cohort one! Keep smiling!!!

    ReplyDelete