Thursday, August 4, 2011

Hamilton Mountain

A place I feel connected to is the top of Hamilton Mountain.  I have been climbing this mountain since I was twelve years old with my dad.  It is a steep four mile hike to the top.  The top of the mountain has an amazing view of the columbia river gorge.  I try to climb this mountain at least once a year.  The first time I climbed it with my dad we buried a bottle cap under a rock.  Every time we go there we dig it up and it brings back memories.  We sit in the same spot on the top of the mountain and really enjoy our surroundings and the view.  When we reach the top we will take in the view and eat our lunch and talk. It is a familiar place to me and I enjoy the simplicity it brings to my life.  All of the same plants are around and the view never changes.   There are no distractions at the top of the mountain and it allows me to live in the moment. 

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing! I love the idea of leaving something behind and coming back to revisit it every year. It's inspiring that you can have the same experience - but as you grow you get different things out of it. Nature has amazing powers!

    ReplyDelete