Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Golden lessons

With so many valuable lessons to choose from, I find it hard to only pick two! BUT, reflect I will J One valuable lesson that all of our teachers have touched on in one way or another is that all teachers at times feel unprepared, vulnerable, and even scared. Anxiety can and will occur the first day of school, or even thirty something years into our teaching career! I find this so reassuring, and possibly even proof that if these feelings exist, then you are a good teacher. The other treasure I plan to hold dear to me is allowing students space to be physically, socially, and emotionally comfortable in the classroom. Whether it is one of Dax’s organized song activities, ice-breakers, or creating activities for students to explore the big idea, I hope to always pay close attention to my students so that in return I can provide a productive learning environment.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with feeling somewhat reassured that it's okay that I'm nervous about teaching. I think you're right, it means we are a good teacher. We are nervous/frightened/vulnerable/unprepared because we care and this profession means something important. All we can do is acknowledge it and continue to reflect! :)

    ReplyDelete