Thursday, June 23, 2011

I am an educator who...

I am an educator who aspires to create a safe environment in which to grow with my students, developing each individual both academically and emotionally. I want to remember that striving to reach this destination will require learning, practice, time, and constant reflection. The infinite path to becoming a “successful” educator evokes a strong sense of both excitement and intimidation inside of me. I find it comforting to know that every day will offer me a new opportunity to be a great teacher. Expecting to make mistakes downplays the anxiety of making them in the first place. At the same time, I am intimidated by the magnitude “what if’s” and “how will I…” I embrace these feelings, and sorting them out will help me learn more about myself. I hope to encourage my students to follow my example, embrace their emotions, and constantly explore themselves.


Brendan Clark

1 comment:

  1. I agree! I sometimes get overwhelmed with thoughts of the unknown and whether or not I will be able to handle it all, but it's also exciting. Teaching at the elementary level and earlier is great because I think it will really allow students to explore themselves, like you said.

    ReplyDelete