Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My treasures...

The treasures that I took away from our first week were when we freely called out the phrase “I’m an educator who…” and the creation of my water rocket with Olivia. They were special moments for me because in different ways they made me realize I was in the right place and that what I was going to be doing in my future was going to make a difference.

Firstly, the moment in class when we discussed what kind of educator we were meant a lot to me because I was able to think about what mattered to me the most and what mattered to my peers. It confirmed the passion for teaching that I knew we all had and knowing how much it is going to improve the way the classrooms will be in the future. There is something empowering about knowing you have the support of a group of people that will help you become a better person.

Secondly, the water rockets were really cool because it was such a great hands on learning experience. It got me excited for when I have my own classroom and we can do fun science experiments that feel like play time when really there is learning behind it.

1 comment:

  1. Natalie- I like how you said that it confirmed the passion for teaching when we discussed what kind of educator we were. We all can relate to each other, help each other and bring different perspectives in. I also find it very impowering about having the support of this group of people.

    ReplyDelete