Tuesday, June 28, 2011

treasures

After my first week (and a half) at Lewis and Clark I'm getting the hang of it! The first treasure I feel I have taken with me in this short time is the feeling of release after the first 15 minutes of my first class. Full of anxiety and fear of what was lying ahead was quickly abolished by a goofy activity.  I soon realized that everyone in my class wants to be here. Everyone wants to be the best teacher they can be. There is no need to feel self-conscious or embarrassed! And once this was realized, my guard came down. I truly believe within those first 15 minutes all my nervousness was pushed aside and has allowed me to be myself with my cohort and instructors.  Another treasure I discovered is the feeling of knowing that I am where I am supposed to be. I question all of my decisions in life, whether it be where to eat dinner or what to do with the rest of my life. Within this last week I have realized through the course content and getting to know my cohort that I am with people that I feel can relate to. I feel I can learn so much during my program here. And that has given me a sense of security in my decision to be a part of this program.

No comments:

Post a Comment