Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Treasures

As I sit trying to remember two treasures from the first week, I'm having a hard time sifting through all the things we have learned to pick two experiences. I feel like so much happened in the first week, that I'm having a hard time deciphering what I have learned. One of my biggest treasures of the first week is the design of the courses so far at school. I anticipated coming into school, reading my life away, and struggling through class. Though I do find myself reading a lot more than I used to, the structure of the classes is so much fun! There are so many hands on activities were doing, accompanied with moving around, it is nothing like what I expected. Classes are fun and engaging, it seems like the work isn't really work. Though I know when we reach the fall things will change, I'm enjoying the "laid back" style of the classes. Not to sound like a broken record, but my second treasure would have to be the cohort. I wasn't quite sure what to expect coming into a group I would be in for a year, but I can confidently say that I would not have either of the other cohorts for the year. Everyone supports everyone, we have fun in class, and everyone is friendly. I was amazed in our math class when we came up with class norms and there were so many similar norms, similar things we valued in our classes. We have so many different viewpoints shared and yet also we share so many at the same time. I am looking forward to sharing the highs and lows of this year with this group.

1 comment:

  1. Jonah,

    I feel the same way about our cohort! I think this is going to be a very supportive, caring, and fun environment to learn in. Until you pointed it out, I hadn't thought about how unique it is that in Math we all came up with such similar norms. It's going to be a great year.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete