Thursday, June 23, 2011

I am an educator who . . .

I am an educator who wants to be excellent at my craft. I've been thinking about this question a lot over the past week. I've actually found it quite difficult to synchronize all my thoughts into one statement. There are a lot of things I want to be as an educator. There are many things I already am. I desperately want equity in our schools. I want fun and connectedness. I want high expectations for my students. I want excitement and true learning to happen in my classroom.

The reason I'm here is because I have a passion for all of these elements yet I don't have a solid grasp on best practices, appropriate curriculum, differentiating instruction, etc. I need to be here so that when I'm finished and I have my own classroom, my classroom will be at least moving toward being an excellent place to learn. I am an educator who believes children deserve the best from me and I hope someday to be able to deliver.

Linda

1 comment:

  1. Linda-
    Yes! You have summed up much of what I feel. I appreciate your ending statement as it is what kept me from going in to education for a long time. I was too worried that I wouldn't be the best because the kids do deserve that! I still worry about that and want to be the best. But that's why we're at LC, right?!

    ReplyDelete