Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I am an educator who ...

I am an educator who hopes children will look forward to coming into my class/our class. I hope to accomplish this by making the environment and culture safe, forgiving, exciting, accepting, and of course, fun. How I will do this remains to be determined, but I am hoping to learn the techniques all our professors thus far have modeled. Ice breakers, interactive lessons, private think time, opportunities to share, moments of silence, establishing class rules, allowing students to teach and me (as the teacher) to learn, and providing circumstances for feedback and reflection are a few of the ideas I am planning to implement in some form. My opportunities to learn and teach will evolve every day, and (hopefully) I will look forward to going into the classroom as well.

1 comment:

  1. What a great summary of all the great activities we have been doing! I agree completely with you on providing an environment where students feel safe to explore not only academia, but themselves.

    ReplyDelete