Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Treasure Trove

It has taken me several years to come to the decision to start a teaching program. I wanted to make sure I was in a program that I truly believed in and I wanted to make sure I was ready to make the financial, emotional, and intellectual investment that grad school would require.

Because this was such an important decision for me, I feel like many moments in each class are a treasure. I love connecting with people who are passionate about education, equality, and the well being of our children. Some of the most invigorating conversations I've had over the past year have happened with my cohort members during class and group discussions.

The Social and Historical Perspectives class has reminded me of the fundamental reasons I wanted to go into education in the first place - reminding me of my responsibility as a teacher, and my unique voice as a teacher.

I also don't think I'll ever forget giggling during Arts and Creativity at some of the activities and songs - I felt like a kid again and was reminded about how much fun clapping, singing, and moving can be. That class also helped me realize how important music is in my life and how much I want it to be a part of my own classroom culture.

Making rockets in science was super fun too! (Even though mine almost blew up...)

I'm just really glad to be here learning so much with such wonderful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment