Thursday, June 23, 2011

I am an educator who...

I am an educator who hopes to instill a love of learning in my students and help them thrive in the classroom (and outside of it too). Maybe this is a lofty goal, but I really loved being in school when I was younger and I had some really great teachers who I think helped me feel this way. I hope I can have my students feel excited every day about coming to school and finding out what we’ll do or learn. So far this week there have been so many different ideas, techniques and strategies about how to be a great teacher and it can all seem so daunting. No one (at least I don’t think anyone) wants to go into a classroom and think, “I’d like to be a mediocre teacher.” For me, there is so much to explore, discover, and learn at this age and I’d like to be able to be there for my students to help provide them with the tools to discover it all! I also understand that I will probably face different challenges and it’s not always easy, but I’ll grow from it. I hope through my journey as an educator I’ll continue to love learning and my passion and excitement will spread to my students. J

1 comment:

  1. I hope you succeed. You seem like you have a really positive, kind and caring way about you. I think it's really powerful and you can use that with great effect to achieve your hopes of instilling a love of learning and helping students thrive.

    ReplyDelete