Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Treasures

Wow, what a whirlwind of a week! I think one of the biggest things that struck me this week was from the Parker Palmer article we read. I don't have it with me at the moment and don't remember if there was something specific, but basically what I took away from reading it was that it was that I do not have to be something I am not. I had worried that I would not fit in or be 'smart' enough for this program. But really I just need to be true to who I am and not try to be like any of my professors or people that we are reading about. I have a lot to learn from them and take a ton away, but if I am not being myself then I am doing a disservice to my kids.
I also appreciated what someone else said about the cohort being a treasure. I am so thankful to each and every one of you. I feel like our group has been so welcoming to one another from the start and so supportive. We're all going to need that more and more as the year goes on and it's good to know that we have good shoulders to lean on when we need it.

1 comment:

  1. I am in full agreement!It really settled in with me as well, the idea of being authentic. We all want to be the best we can but sometimes we need to take off the superman costume and expose our true selves and be content in knowing that it is not possible for us to hold all the answers. We are very lucky to have such great support systems and are able to be our true selves one another, truly a treasure.

    ReplyDelete