Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Treasures

I found one of my treasures this morning in Amy DLC's reflective narrative for Ed 550. Amy said something along the lines of "This is where I belong. These are my people." I am so pleased to be surrounded by people who take the learning of children as seriously as I do, and who see the job of an educator as the best work despite its difficulties and complexities. Being able to turn to the person sitting next to me in every one of our classes and to have my excitement and motivation mirrored in all of your eyes is such a gift. As I tell my friends and family about the first week of school they inevitably say, "wow you are in the right place."

Another one of my treasures was getting to learn the Douglas Fir song from Elisabeth yesterday. Not only was it a great song but it reminded how much we have to teach each other and what great resources all of my classmates are for knowledge about so many aspects of education.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you Paige. Everyone in this cohort is so full of great ideas, and thoughts that when we turn and talk with our neighbors, I sometimes find it hard to stop. Another thing that I love is how those ideas shared by neighbors run into other ideas, and go off in great big educational tangent. The different ideas and thoughts are things I love hearing as another side to what we are taking in through readings and classes. Other views only help build our own ideas on these subjects leading to a more rounded education about educating.

    ReplyDelete