Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Treasures

There are many treasures that happened last week. The last treasure of the week was falling asleep on Friday night. I was very tired from an exciting week of meeting cohort 1, new professors and getting used to Lewis and Clark classes. The classes are filled with information and perspectives which are very interesting. I never thought time would pass so quickly. I previously thought I knew what my classroom would look like, feel like and how my students would learn. My thoughts have changed after the first week and I am thankful. Learning how to incorporate interests of the students and link many subjects together on one topic, is a treasure! I love the idea of linking students interest in music to science and math. Or a students interest in tide pools to math, reading, writing and science, how fun. What a treasure!

However, I am nervous and apprehensive. I wonder about the different levels of abilities in the classroom and how it will feel student teaching in 5th grade. I now know, after the first week of class, that I will be prepared with many new ideas and valuable information. I treasure the information we learned and know it will be extremely beneficial in my student teaching .

After reading "Yardsticks" it is apparent that exercise and movement enhances the learning experience. I will incorporate music, movement and physical activities in the classroom, making sure the students are active. Incorporating movement and exercise into our schedule on a regularly basis should improve students focus.

What I have learned this week, will be invaluable in my student teaching. I am thankful for all the new knowledge. Many treasures to be thankful for in just one short week.

No comments:

Post a Comment