Friday, July 22, 2011

Assignment 7/22

Thank you all so much for class today. I don't quite have the language to express my appreciation so please allow my gratitude to reach you even without the "right" words to say.

Blog post today is to simply reflect on class. There are no specific questions you have to answer but as food for thought if you want it:

What is the experience like to make visible elements of your own culture? What is it like to share? What do you need from the listeners? What is it like to listen? What do you need from the speakers? What is the power inherent in "voice." What are your connections between the "I am from" and our discussions of equity, gender and/or cultural studies today? How are "codes of power" displayed and or mitigated in our classroom cultures?

I know..."deep thoughts."

Have a wonderful weekend. I look forward to seeing you next week.

Zalika

No comments:

Post a Comment