Thursday, July 7, 2011

Quote for Dewey

Q - I am most interested in seeing how critical pedagogy works in the classroom. While the theories are clear to me at this point, and I have a few lessons in mind, I am curious to how they will develop once in a diverse classroom setting. Most importantly, I am curious to see my initial response when working in a classroom where constructiveness pedagogy is used, am looking forward to reflecting, and then building from that to create a safe classroom environment where all students feel safe and rewarded from learning. Specifically, I am curious about open discussion in an elementary setting.
U - That students need to feel that they matter and are in control.
O - I recall my most treasured moments in my education background were moments that were constructiveness, which proves that the lessons we learn today are effective in a classroom.
T - I want my students to always have a voice in my classroom...
E - so whenever I feel I need to speak, I will ask myself "do you need to listen more first?"

No comments:

Post a Comment