Thursday, July 21, 2011

Clarification Needed! : )

At the time I’m writing my blog the only other posting is from Jonah (such an example of timeliness and dedication!) and unfortunately, I do not have any answers for you. Instead I echo your confusion with my own regarding the two terms you noted - gatekeeper and process writing. I am also confused by “higher order thinking”, so if anyone has any insight on any of these terms I would be most appreciative! A few of the terms I am pleased to have in my repertoire and intend to use in my own “pedagogy” include “progressive, constructivist, and traditional education”. I am also grateful to be aware of the “codes of power”, and the impact race, culture, class and so many other things have on students, teachers, and every aspect of education. Thank you for everything you are all teaching me!

No comments:

Post a Comment