Thursday, July 21, 2011

Q to the

Anna,
Oh gosh I hope I don't mix these up, since this was our presentation, Linda was displaying the traditional method of teaching which includes direct instruction with focus. Olivia was the extreme opposite "process"oriented teacher who taught in a progressive manner. My role was supposed to be the happy coupling of the two (but we ran out of time) as the constructivist type of teacher, who while still appreciates the process, helps to guide it and clarify along the way, such as generating ideas from the class etc. (think Dewey or Vygotsky), whereas Olivia is more like Maria Montessori, hands off, observing, beauty around to inspire. But I too am still confused by the Gatekeeper, I cannot mentally remove the image of the demonic gargoyle in Ghostbusters! so frustrating being a product of 1980. I do know that it has something to do with a reading track of some sort? yes? no? Help.

No comments:

Post a Comment