Saturday, July 9, 2011

Quote

I question whether the constructivist approach will work in a public school classroom interferring with the current system. The policy, politics and status quo currently seems like it implementing these progressive theories may go against the grain. I understand that working with students in a way that allows all the students to think deeply and participate in the classroom is so important. Working in a positive, fun, hands on atmosphere will provide all students a place to learn. In Science Class I observed Dewey's idea of hands on learning and learning about topics the students are interested in is the basis for deep learning. Rote learning does not allow a student to have a deep understanding of the material and this style of learning needs to change. I will treasure in my classroom allowing students to find topics that interest them and apply this to the curriculum and standards we have to follow. Applying the students interest to the standards will be enjoyable and easy for me to apply. I will find it easy, even though it maybe hard, because I know the students will have a deeper interest in learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment