Thursday, July 21, 2011

Questions

As I look through the list of topics in Zalika's post, I realized that there are a few things that throughout this whirlwind of a summer, I have forgotten, maybe you can help me! The first topic I don't quite remember is process writing. I'm not quite sure where it came up or what it means in the classroom or in teaching. With the second question I think I have an idea, but just to clarify I'll ask about it. The idea of the "gatekeeper" if I remember correctly has do to with the teacher being the gatekeeper to the children's education, and being the one to "open the gate" for them and help them learn. If that isn't correct, please correct me! Thanks everyone!


1 comment:

  1. I think process writing is the type of writing that Delpit discusses (as opposed to just learning writing skills?) ... so kind of the type of writing that I "encouraged" yesterday in the workshop...you know, getting your thoughts down on the page in whatever manner that works for you? Not sure though...

    ReplyDelete