Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"I am from" Activity

Maybe it had something to do with it being the end of a long week. When I began this activity it was difficult for me to move from negative emotions about early life experiences into the positive experiences that have shaped my life which was interesting to me because I feel that I am someone who generally looks to the positive in life. I almost began to write a poem as opposed to “I am from” statements. If I had longer to form my piece I feel that I might have gotten past where I was stuck. When I left class I did feel in touch with my inner child. I also felt vulnerable. On the drive home I couldn’t stop thinking about this activity. What might I have added? Is there a way to reconcile past experiences in order to make them less painful? How will this activity change if I do it more often? Will it become more positive? I appreciated having the opportunity to listen to some of my classmates “I am from” reflections. This helped me to see other ways to approach this activity. This is an activity that I would like to do more often; it was difficult for me to approach this reflection piece in the allotted time and perhaps if it had been a different time and location my piece and my thoughts would have been entirely different.

No comments:

Post a Comment