Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Reflection on reflecting :)

By just writing, “I am from”, I thought of my hometown and the hardships and strengths of my family. Upon reflecting I felt a rush of emotions of being proud, missing home, and love. Though sadness was not in my thoughts, the overpowering of my emotions would of caused a tear if I decided to share, because of the love I have for my family. Despite the fact that as a cohort we share race, there are so many underlining details that are critical to defining each and one of us, and within that there is power. That power needs to be translated in the classroom, as even though we are studying how primary codes of power, such as race, impacts the classroom, we can dig much more deeper than that. I like how Hinchey refers to this as the kaleidoscope effect, as each person brings his or her codes of power in an unique combination where the end result is each one of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment